Temporary Residence

Temporary residency applies to those who are not Canadian citizens but are legally in Canada for a temporary purpose, including international students, foreign workers and tourists. In Canada, many different options for temporary admission exist. Each option has specific obligations that needs to be met and each option offers temporary residence under specific rights and conditions.

Further upon arrival, you may want to extend or change the conditions of your admission to Canada. This is possible in special cases but you must apply before your temporary resident status expires.

Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) applications are:

  • Work Visa
  • Study Visa
  • Tourist Visit Visa
  • Super Visa

For people outside of Canada

We will direct the foreign worker step by step on how to go about presenting his/her application for a work permit. Our Immigration Consultants will assist the worker in obtaining the visa and work permit and assist the employer in getting the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) as well. We prepare our client's applications professionally and carefully review the requirements of the Canadian Embassy that handle applications from the worker's country of origin, making sure that everything is presented according to guidelines.

For people inside of Canada

We can help people who have existing work permits to change to jobs or employers. We can also help them to extend their work permits with the same employer (Work Permit Extension or Work Permit Renewal). A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) formerly known as Labour Market Opinion (LMO) is required before applying for a work permit renewal with the same employer or with a new employer.


Students come from all over the world to study in Canada, and many of them stay on to work, live and raise a family after. Whether you wish to attend a short English Course, or full time University or College program, we can help you with your initial Study Permit, extensions of an existing Study Permit, or your Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), and hopefully in applying for Permanent Residence.


Applying for entry to Canada is often easier said than done. We have dealt with hundreds of Visitor Visa application cases and have helped our clients in their difficult situations by preparing a more effective Visitor Visa application. A well-planned and complete Visitor Visa application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save you from the hassle of rejection.


A Super Visa is given to parents and grandparents of citizens and permanent residents of Canada who want their loved ones to visit and stay in Canada longer. This is option was initiated on December 1, 2011. This multiple entry visa is valid for 10 years and will allow the applicant to remain in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.


Permanent Residence

Canada offers several options for prospective immigrants coming to the country. Each program has different criteria and specific requirements.

Our services involve assistance in deciding which option our client may be eligible for based on their qualifications, such as work experience, education, language ability etc….

We make sure applications are handled accordingly and that the client gets the best outcome they can gain.

Different classes that can be accessed regarding permanent residence are:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Class
  • Business or Entrepreneur Class
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Provincial Nominee Programs
  • Spousal, Common Law, Children & Other Relative/Family Sponsorship
  • Convention Refugees Abroad and Humanitarian Protected Persons

All Skilled Immigrants must use the Express Entry System to come to Canada.

Express Entry is an electronic management of permanent residence applications where eligible candidates are placed in a pool with other candidates and are selected based on their rankings. The top candidates receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) which makes them eligible to apply online for permanent residence. The applicant must have at least one year of work experience before applying for this category. To be eligible you would need at least one year of paid work in the same job.


Through the Business Immigration Program, Canada aims at attracting experienced and well-rounded business people to Canada. Potential applicants for this program will be assessed based on their ability to develop and support the Canadian economy. Through the Entrepreneur Program (TEP), applicants must plan to own and manage a business in Canada that adds to the economy and create jobs for Canadians and Permanent Residents.


The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the pathways to Permanent Residence. You must apply through the Express Entry System to be considered for the CEC. To qualify you must meet the minimum requirements of one-year work experience in Canada under a skilled occupation (Skill O, A & B), and must meet the language ability.


Immigrants must have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of the province or territory, and must want to live in that province. These provincial nomination programs operate by their individual governments through an agreement with Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Our services include preparation for interviews if needed and, ensure error free application.


We provide services for anybody who is trying to sponsor relatives to migrate to Canada. For Spousal/Common Law sponsorship there is a strong amount of evidence that will be needed for the application to be eligible. Canada specializes in family reunification so we try our best to provide the best results because we want children to reunite with their parents, or grandparents to reunite with their families.


Applying for humanitarian and compassionate consideration is usually the last resort for applicants who wish to remain in Canada when no other options are available to them.

An application with humanitarian and compassionate circumstances is essentially asking IRCC to make an exception to the guidelines in light of extenuating and extreme circumstances. As an applicant, you may use this application to apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

MCV Pro Services have a team of experts handling the Refugee and H & C Options. Whether you are person who need protection from outside Canada or a person making refugee protection claims from within Canada, we can assist you.